Thursday, 23 February 2012

Phone Call #4

Date: 23rd February 2012

Time: 11:00am

Number: 0450 - but rest of number did not appear


(I was pretty chuffed with this one as I was unaware, expecting a real phone call from a real person when I picked up)

(Phone Rings)

Me: Hello?

Voice (Heavy Indian accent): Good morning sir, can I speak with Mr John?

Me (Pretending not to hear): Sorry, what was that, the line is really bad?

Voice (pause): Yes, hello, can I speak to Mr John?

Me: You want to buy a dog? Is that right?

Voice (long, long pause): Erm... Hello?

Me: Ah there you are, I thought the dogs had got you.

Voice: Can I speak with Mr John?

Me: I'm afraid we are out of them, we do have some lovely Beagles, but you have to promise you won't experiment on them. You know, sign a form and whatnot.

Voice: No sir, can I speak with the Man of the house?

Me: No, she's not in.

Voice: Do you have responsibility for the household bills sir?

Me: I mean if you don't want a Beagle, then you can always have a little Cocker Spaniel. Lovely floppy ears, big sad eyes and they taste wonderful in a casserole.

Voice: I... Hello?

Me: Ssshh... I can hear voices...

Voice: err... (Line goes dead)

No comments:

Post a Comment